*I get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post at no extra cost to you. I do not promote anything I haven’t validated or personally used myself. This mama appreciates your support.
You are going to absolutely love this tuna salad recipe I am sharing with you. Besides being delicious, it’s super quick and easy to make.
The one thing you want to keep in mind is that you want this to sit overnight in the refrigerator to marinate in all the flavors. That means you need to make it the day before. Don’t forget that or you won’t have dinner to serve the same night. At least not one that will taste good.
I understand not everyone likes tuna and that’s okay. The best part about this recipe is its flexibility. If you aren’t a tuna person, try substituting it with chicken to make a chicken salad.
The chicken salad is just as amazing as the tuna salad and can be eaten in a variety of ways just the same.
See more of my dinner recipes for you to enjoy!
Tuna Salad Ingredients
There is a good amount of ingredients in this recipe but the best part is, it’s one of the easiest things you will ever make.
The ingredients include:
- green onion
- banana peppers
- jalepeno peppers
- Asiago bun
How to Eat Tuna Salad
The great thing about this recipe is the variety of ways you can eat it. Some people truly enjoy it with bread while others do not.
- place it on any bun of your choice
- make a wrap
- place it on a bagel
- eat as a dip with toasties or pita chips
- eat it solo
- wrap it in lettuce
- stuff it in an avocado
You can be really creative with how you eat it so I’d love to hear how you enjoy your tuna salad. Don’t forget to let me know in the comments below.
You’ve got to be sure to follow me on Pinterest as well to find more yummy recipes. I’m always adding new things that you will love to try out.
Tuna Salad Recipe
Refrigerated and Dairy
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced
- 1/4 cup banana peppers, mild, chopped
- 1/4 cup jalepeno peppers, hot, chopped
- 2 cups mayo (I highly suggest Hellman's)
Fruits, Veggies and Other Ingredients
- 1.5 lb tuna, canned Albacore spring water
- 1/2 lb grapes, seedless, quartered
- 1/2 whole avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 whole Asiago bun
Baking, Spices and Condiments
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain water from tuna cans. Add tuna to mixing bowl. Break up the tuna.
- Add both peppers, celery, onion, grapes, walnuts, mayo, salt and pepper. Mix together thoroughly.
- Cover dish and chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place on Asiago bun and top with sliced avocado. Enjoy!