*I get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post at no extra cost to you. I do not promote anything I haven’t validated or personally used myself.
You are going to love this recipe to make Nutella stuffed peanut butter cookies. I’m always looking for a good Nutella cookie recipe and to combine that with some peanut butter cookies just sounded like a great idea.
What you’ll love about this recipe is its flexibility and the different combinations you can create to make this stuffed cookie in many different ways.
I’ve been playing around with this recipe and creating a variety of combinations. I made one up tonight that was surprisingly amazing.
Check out my latest creation, Nutella Stuffed Banana Cookies. Also if you're a fan of avocados, you'll love my Nutella Stuffed Avocado Cookies. You don't want to miss out on these.
I don’t think of myself as a baking God by any means but I do have to say that most of my recipes turn out quite delicious. Perhaps it’s because I just don’t care.
I don’t stress about how it’s going to turn out. I don’t even get upset if I mess up the recipe. Simply adjust it and keep going. Baking is supposed to be fun. And sometimes those mistakes turn out to have a better result.
My advice for anyone is to just have fun with it. We make mistakes in every aspect of our lives. Baking should be the least of your worries.
I included some pictures to help you along the way so you know what certain steps should look like. I understand that sometimes the instructions can be slightly confusing.
With that said, get baking!
Instead of using a Nutella cookie recipe, I opted to simply stuff these peanut butter cookies with Nutella balls. So yummy.
Keep in mind that when you are stuffing the peanut butter cookies, the balls are completely frozen. I tend to pull out about 10-15 at a time. If they begin to thaw, they start to get sticky and become hard to work with.
If this does happen to you, stick the Nutella balls back in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to re-freeze. This is a must if you want this peanut butter cookie recipe to turn out extra delicious.
Peanut Butter Cookies
There are some things you need to keep in mind when making these peanut butter cookies. Remember when you’re making them, you’re going to want to make sure you’re not using too much of the mix to wrap around the Nutella balls.
Make sure it’s flattened out, completely covers the ball, but be sure it’s not too thick. Otherwise, it’s not going to cook properly.
Ingredients Needed to Make Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
- peanut butter
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- powdered sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
Equipment Used to Make These Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
- KitchenAid stand mixer
- mixing bowls with lids
- 1-inch scoop
- non-stick cookie sheets (come with cooling racks)
- cooling rack
- parchment paper
I find a lot of people tend to stay away from baking. It’s almost as if they have a fear of it. That may sound crazy to someone like you who I’m sure enjoys baking.
Why else are you here checking out my recipe, right? But I tend to come across that fear much more than I’d like.
I can only assume that their number one fear is messing up. Afraid their food will turn out too dry and crumble at the first bite. Maybe they are afraid of the overall look of how it may turn out. Whatever the fear is, I believe it’s real.
Recipe for Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies Below
Keep in mind your feedback is welcome so please comment below. I’d love to hear what you have to share.
Also if you enjoy these cookies, please share them on your social media (the share links are on the bottom right of this post) and Pin them on Pinterest (Pinning can be done just below in the recipe.)
Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 egg, large
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
Baking, Spices & Condiments
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar, granulated extra to roll the cookies in before baking
- 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 cup Nutella
- Make the filling.In a bowl, combine Nutella and powdered sugar, then mix together until smooth. Use a 1 inch scoop to make into balls. Place balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place in freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the cookies.In a bowl, combine peanut butter, butter and both granulated and brown sugar. Mix on medium speed until fully blended. Add the egg and vanilla extract, then mix until well blended. Add flour, baking soda and salt until combined. Don't over blend.
- Scoop the cookie dough and flatten like a pancake. Roughly 2×2 inches. Place a frozen Nutella ball on top and fold the dough up to wrap around the frozen ball of Nutella. Make sure it's completely sealed by rolling it into a ball between your two palms. Add more cookie dough if needed to fully cover frozen ball.
- Place granulated sugar in a small bowl, roll the stuffed cookie dough balls in the sugar and place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies are golden, 12-15 minutes. (I use the back of a spoon to slightly push down the center of the cookie at the 10 minute mark). Eat up and Enjoy!