*I get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post at no extra cost to you. I do not promote anything I haven’t validated or personally used myself.
Can I just start out by saying, MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
I made these banana cookies on a whim. There was extra Nutella balls leftover and I was trying to think of a new cookie recipe that they would go well with.
I glanced over at the counter and saw the bananas I meant to throw away. They had just hit the point where they were uneatable, at least for this family’s liking.
I usually toss them in the freezer to make some banana bread but it was full due to a recent grocery shopping extravaganza.
Then it dawned on me… why not use them to make cookies? Nutella and bananas are great on toast so why wouldn’t they be in a cookie?
I used my basic baking knowledge and played around with the recipe a little bit. I’ve been baking since I was a little girl so it couldn’t be too hard to come up with something that tasted half-way decent.
This is the fun part of baking. I just had to remember what measurements I was using in order to write out this recipe to share with you. I tend to just start throwing things in the bowl until the batter tastes good.
That’s called cooking with the soul. Things always turn out better that way.
These Banana Cookies
I did find this dough to be quite sticky though. I’m assuming it had to do with the bananas being older and they become mushier as a result.
Another thing I found was the Nutella balls didn’t melt as much as I’d like them to. Perhaps you could alter the heat of the oven along with the cooking time.
Maybe go hotter and cook for fewer minutes. I was thinking maybe let the Nutella balls defrost slightly so you can flatten them. This would allow the Nutella to spread throughout the cookie better.
Again, these cookies turned out delicious but I’m always looking for ways to improve my recipes, especially when it’s my first time making them.
Ingredients Used to Make Nutella Stuffed Banana Cookies
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- powdered sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
Tools Used to Make the Cookies
The following tools and utensils are what I used to help me make these cookies.
These of course are just suggestions but check each of them out to see the reviews to determine if you might like them too.
More Stuffed Cookies
If you’re looking for a couple more Nutella stuffed cookies, check out my Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies and my Nutella Stuffed Avocado Cookies. That’s one of my all-time favorite recipes.
Keep in mind your feedback is welcome so please comment below. I’d love to hear what you have to share.
Also if you enjoy these cookies, please share them on your social media and Pin them on Pinterest.
Nutella Stuffed Banana Cookies
Refrigerated and Dairy
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
Baking, Spices and Condiments
- 2 whole bananas
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
- Make the filling.In a bowl, combine Nutella and powdered sugar, then mix together until smooth. Use a 1 inch scoop to make into balls. Place balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place in freezer.
- Make the cookies.In a bowl, combine bananas, vanilla, butter and brown sugar. Mix on medium speed until fully blended. Add in baking soda, salt and flour and mix on medium speed until combined. Don't over blend. Cover and place in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove dough from the fridge and allow to get back to room temperature.
- Scoop the cookie dough and flatten like a pancake. Roughly 2×2 inches. Place a frozen Nutella ball on top and fold the dough up to wrap around the frozen ball of Nutella. Make sure it's completely sealed by rolling it into a ball between your two palms. Add more cookie dough if needed to fully cover frozen ball. (This mixture is sticky so I sprayed my fingers with cookie spray to keep it from sticking).
- Place granulated sugar in a small bowl, roll the stuffed cookie dough balls in the sugar and place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies are golden, 12-15 minutes. Eat up and Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Amazing Nutella Stuffed Banana Cookies That Will Have People Begging For More”
OMG these look sooo yummy!!!! I love Nutella and Banana, I feel like running to the store right now haha
Wonderful post. So informative!! Well written too