*I get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post at no extra cost to you. I do not promote anything I haven’t validated or personally used myself.
I made these for around $6 but they can be made even CHEAPER with off-brand alternatives!
If you’re looking for something quick and effortless, look no further. The prep time for these peanut butter and Nutella Cheerios snack bites is a max of 15 minutes and any mama can squeeze that in.
I’m always looking to make new snacks for the kids because what they like changes from day-to-day. I chose to make these Cheerios snack bites because they are super easy and everyone loves them.
I like too that you can substitute all different types of Cheerios.
These are a twist on a treat my mom made me growing up. I remember her always making mine with Cheerios, peanut butter, and honey. Today, I made mine with a mixture of two of my favorite things. NUTELLA and PEANUT BUTTER!!!
Who doesn’t love this combination?!
Ingredients Needed to Make Peanut Butter and Nutella Cheerios Snack Bites
The nice thing about this recipe is it only includes three ingredients and they are all right in the title.
- peanut butter
- Cheerios, Honey Nut was used this time
Find more recipes on a budget here!
Optional Cheerios Substitutions
Cheerios has such a variety of cereals that you don’t necessarily have to use the Honey Nut Cheerios. These just happened to be what I had on hand.
Other types of Cheerios cereals that would be just as yummy to use would be:
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Multi-Grain Cheerios
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios
- Banana Nut Cheerios
- Chocolate Cheerios
What is Needed to Make These Cheerios Snack Bites
There isn’t much needed in order to make this yummy recipe. The things you’ll need are usually staples in a kitchen and you probably already have them on hand.
Be sure that the saucepan you are using is large enough to fit the Cheerios. Once the peanut butter and Nutella are melted, you’ll be able to pour the Cheerios directly into the pan once removed from the heat.
Picking one too small to start with just get you frustrated when it comes to mixing the ingredients afterward.
Peanut Butter and Nutella Cheerios Snack Bites Recipe Below
Keep in mind these are extra gooey because I’m skipping the honey I normally use as a holding agent.
If you want to add a 1/2 cup of honey to the recipe, it will help hold them together much better.
Enjoy this super easy recipe!
Follow me on Pinterest if you want to find other yummy recipes like this one!
Peanut Butter and Nutella Cheerios Snack Bites
- 4 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, creamy
- Line a 8×8 cake pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a saucepan over low-medium heat, melt the peanut butter and Nutella. Make sure it doesn’t cook or come to a boil.
- Once melted, remove from heat.
- Stir in the Cheerios until everything is combined evenly.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan, spread evenly with a spatula.
- Place the cake pan inside the refrigerator 45 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and pull parchment paper out of cake pan, removing the chilled mixture along with it. (I love parchment paper because it doesn’t stick.)
- Cut into desires size squares and serve.